1. Claritine tablet patient information leaflet.
2. Claritin. FDA website. Available at:http://www.fda.gov/ohrms/dockets/ac/01/briefing/3737b_12_label-claritin.pdf. Accessed 14 December 2016.
3. Claritine syrup patient information leaflet.
4. Georgitis JW, Meltzer EO, Kaliner M, Weiler J, Berkowitz R. Onset-of-action for antihistamine and decongestant combinations during an outdoor challenge. Ann Allergy, Asthma Immunol. 2000;84(4):451-459.
5. Supiyaphun P, Chochaipanichnon L, Kerekhanjanarong V, Saengpanich S. A comparative study of the side effects between pseudoephedrine in Loratadine plus Pseudoephedrine Sulfate Repetabs Tables and loratadine + pseudoephedrine tablet in treatment of allergic rhinitis in Thai patients. J Med Assoc Thai. 2002;85(6):722-7.
6. Bousquet J, Bullinger M, Fayol C, Marquis P, Valentin B, Burtin B. Assessment of quality of life in patients with perennial allergic rhinitis with the French version of the SF-36 Health Status Questionnaire. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 1994;94(2 Pt 1):182-8.
7. LEYNAERT B, NEUKIRCH C, LIARD R, BOUSQUET J, NEUKIRCH F. Quality of Life in Allergic Rhinitis and Asthma.Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2000;162(4):1391-1396.
8. Locks RB, Dos Santos K, da Silva J. Quality of life in patients with allergic rhinitis: a clinical trial comparing the use of bilastine versus loratadine. Clin Otolaryngol. 2016.
9. Ue AP, et al. Quality of life assessment in patients with chronic urticaria. An Bras Dermatol. 2011 Sep-Oct;86(5):897-904.
10. Allergy. Medlineplus website. Available at:https://medlineplus.gov/allergy.html. Accessed 15 December 2016.
11. Allergy symptoms. ACAAI website. Available at:http://acaai.org/allergies/symptoms. Accessed 14 December 2016.
12. Hives urticaria. ACAAI website. Available at:http://acaai.org/allergies/types/skin-allergies/hives-urticaria. Accessed 15 December 2016.
13. Seasonal Nasal Allergy Symptoms Impact Quality of Life. ACAAI website. Available at:http://acaai.org/resources/connect/letterseditor/seasonal_nasal_allergy_symptoms_impact_quality_life Accessed 18 December 2016.
14. Consumer updates. FDA website. Available at:http://www.fda.gov/ForConsumers/ConsumerUpdates/ucm354117.htm. Accessed 15 December 2016.
15. Allergic Reactions. AAAAI website. Available at:https://www.aaaai.org/conditions-and-treatments/library/at-a-glance/allergic-reactions Accessed 18 December 2016.M
16. Allergies and the Immune system. Hopkinsmedicine website. Available at:http://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/healthlibrary/conditions/allergy_and_asthma/allergies_and_the_immune_system_85,P00039/ Accessed15 December 2016.
17. Sharma HP, Bansil S, Uygungil B. Signs and Symptoms of Food Allergy and Food-Induced Anaphylaxis. Pediatr Clin North Am. 2015;62(6):1377-1392.
18. Food Allergy. ACAAI website. Available at:http://acaai.org/allergies/types/food-allergy. Accessed 13 December 2016.
19. Food Allergy. AAAAI website. Available at:http://www.aaaai.org/conditions-and-treatments/allergies/food-allergies. Accessed 15 December 2016.
20. Indoor Allergens. AAAAI website. Available at:https://www.aaaai.org/conditions-and-treatments/library/at-a-glance/indoor-allergens Accessed 15 December 2016.
21. Singh M, Hays A. Indoor and Outdoor Allergies. Prim Care Clin Off Pract. 2016;43(3):451-463.
22. Environmental Trigger Avoidance. ACAAI website. Available at:http://acaai.org/allergies/allergy-treatment/environmental-trigger-avoidance Accessed 18 December 2016.
23. Outdoor Allergens. AAAAI website. Available at:https://www.aaaai.org/conditions-and-treatments/library/at-a-glance/outdoor-allergens Accessed 18 December 2016.
24. Managing Food Allergies While on Vacation. AAAAI website. Available at:https://www.aaaai.org/conditions-and-treatments/library/allergy-library/dream-vacation-with-food-allergies Accessed 15 December 2016.
25. Hay fever rhinitis. ACAAI website. Available at:http://acaai.org/allergies/types/hay-fever-rhinitis. Accessed 15 December 2016.
26. Kim H, et al. The link between allergic rhinitis and asthma: a role for antileukotrienes? Can Respir J. 2008 Mar;15(2):91-8.
27. Rhinitis and Asthma: “Combined Allergic Rhinitis and Asthma Syndrome”. WAO website. Available at:http://www.worldallergy.org/public/allergic_diseases_center/caras/.Accessed 11 January 2017.
28. Causes. NHS Choices website. Available at:http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Nettle-rash/Pages/Causes.aspx. Accessed 15 December 2016.
29. Children & Allergies. ACAAI website. Available at:http://acaai.org/allergies/who-has-allergies/children-allergies. Accessed 29 December 2015.
30. The Allergic March. Allergy UK website. Available at:https://www.allergyuk.org/causes-and-risks-of-allergy/the-allergic-march. Accessed 11 January 2017.
31. Mir E, Panjabi C, Shah A. Impact of allergic rhinitis in school going children.Asia Pac Allergy. 2012;2(2):93.
32. Bollinger ME, Dahlquist LM, Mudd K, Sonntag C, Dillinger L, McKenna K. The impact of food allergy on the daily activities of children and their families.Ann Allergy, Asthma Immunol. 2006;96(3):415-421.
33. Sánchez-Borges M, et al. Diagnosis and treatment of urticaria and angioedema: a worldwide perspective. World Allergy Organ J. 2012 Nov;5(11):125-47.
34. Allergy testing in children. ACAAI website. Available at:http://acaai.org/allergies/treatment/allergy-testing/children. Accessed 18 December 2016.
35. Chad Z. Allergies in children.Paediatr Child Health. 2001;6(8):555-66.
36. Allergy Medication. ACAAI website. Available at:http://acaai.org/allergies/treatment/medication. Accessed 18 December 2016.
37. Teaching Your Child About Asthma. AAAAI website. Available at:https://www.aaaai.org/conditions-and-treatments/library/asthma-library/teaching-your-child-about-asthma. Accessed 18 December 2016.
38. Church MK, Church DS. Pharmacology of antihistamines.Indian J Dermatol. 2013;58(3):219-24.
39. Mann RD, Pearce GL, Dunn N, Shakir S. Sedation with "non-sedating" antihistamines: four prescription-event monitoring studies in general practice.BMJ. 2000;320(7243):1184-6.
40. Seidman MD, Gurgel RK, Lin SY, et al. Clinical Practice Guideline: Allergic Rhinitis Executive Summary.Otolaryngol -- Head Neck Surg. 2015;152(2):197-206.
41. Zuberbier T, Aberer W, Asero R, et al. Methods report on the development of the 2013 revision and update of the EAACI/GA2 LEN/EDF/WAO guideline for the definition, classification,diagnosis, and management of urticaria.Allergy. 2014;69(7):e1-29.
42. Simons FE, Johnston L, Simons KJ. Clinical pharmacology of the H1-receptor antagonists cetirizine and loratadine in children.Pediatr Allergy Immunol. 2000;11(2):116-9.
43. Wu KG, Li TH, Wang TY, Hsu CL, Chen CJ. A comparative study of loratadine syrup and cyproheptadine HCL solution for treating perennial allergic rhinitis in Taiwanese children aged 2-12 yearsInt J Immunopathol Pharmacol. 2012;25(1):231-7.
44. Yang YH, Lin YT, Lu MY, Tsai MJ, Chiang BL. A double-blind, placebo-controlled, and randomized study of loratadine (Clarityne) syrup for the treatment of allergic rhinitis in children aged 3 to 12 years.Asian Pac J Allergy Immunol. 2001;19(3):171-5.
45. Salmun LM, Herron JM, Banfield C, Padhi D, Lorber R, Affrime MB. The pharmacokinetics, electrocardiographic effects, and tolerability of loratadine syrup in children aged 2 to 5 years.Clin Ther. 2000;22(5):613-621.
46. http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/common-cold/expert-answers/common-cold/faq-20057857 last accessed August 14, 2017.
47. Is it a cold or an allergy, national institute of allergy and infectious diseases, NIH June 2014.
48. Claritine tablet SmPC.
49. Hindmarch et al, Br J Clin Pharmacol 1999, 48, 200–206.
50. Study Up For A Sneeze And Wheeze-Free School Year. ACAAI website. Available at: http://acaai.org/allergies/who-has-allergies/children-allergies. Accessed 05 September 2017.
51. Mark D. Scarupa et al, In-Depth Review of Allergic Rhinitis, WAO. Available at: http://www.worldallergy.org/professional/allergic_diseases_center/rhinitis/rhinitis_indepth.php last accessed October 19, 2017.
52. Food allergy, NHS choices. Available at https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/food-allergy/Pages/Intro1.aspx last accessed October 19, 2017.
53. World Allergy Organization (WAO) White Book on Allergy: Update 2013.
54. Cetirizine Dihydrochloride patient information leaflet.
55. Fexofenadine Hydrochloride patient information leaflet.
56. Desloratidine patient information leaflet.
57. Diphenhydramine patient information leaflet.
58. Paracetamol + Diphenhydramine patient information leaflet.